Apply for an RDP house


How to Get Your RDP Home

Having basic housing could be a fundamental right of every person no matter race, gender and status.
It is the City’s responsibility to supply and allocate government-subsidised housing, otherwise called RDP houses.
To date, over 29 00 housing units are delivered (jointly by the Gauteng Province and also the City) and over 17 000 serviced stands.
To apply for an RDP house, you would like to comply the National Housing Subsidy Scheme. this suggests you want to be:

A South African citizen with a legitimate ID,

Over the age of 21 and mentally competent to sign a contract,

Married or living with a partner, or single and have dependants (single military veterans or aged people without dependents also qualify),

Earn but R3 500 per month per household (so, if two people in your family earn and these earnings amount to quite R3 500 per month you will not qualify),

A first time government subsidy recipient,

A first time homeowner.

To apply for a government subsidy house, you would like to require the subsequent documents to your nearest customer care centre:

Applicant and spouse’s identity documents (green book or ID card),

Certified copies of birth certificates of youngsters,

Proof of income if working, eg pay slip.

You will be asked to fill in a very housing subsidy form and can then be registered on the Municipal Housing Demands Database – this can be a “waiting list”. just one occasion a development is completed and if you’re next on the list, will you be keys and a title to your home – but it can take a few years.

It is illegal to sell an RDP house before you’ve got lived in it for eight years.

It is illegal to farm out an RDP house.

Should you want to increase or renovate a RDP home before eight years of ownership, you would like to induce permission from town.

2.Apply for vacancies at Department of Human settlement


If you’re disabled the look of the house may change to accommodate the special needs of the person’s disability.

Visit your local department of Human settlements office for enquiries or their website.