VACANCY BULLETIN: STC 001/2021
SHORT TERM CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT – (STC)
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Group Corporate & Shared Services Department has the
following short term contract opportunity for a period NOT exceeding twelve (12) months.
Apply for other government jobs below:
Shoprite Group is hiring
The details are as follows:
1. Department: Group Corporate & Shared Services
Branch: Group Human Capital Management
Designation: Senior Secretary
Salary: R17 022.07 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
Grade 12/NQF level 4 is required;
National Diploma in Secretarial/Office Administration or equivalent/NQF level 6;
1 – 2 years’ experience in document management, secretarial or administration;
Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Outlook; and
Good communication skills.
Primary Function: Performance and undertake tasks/activities associated with the management of
the Office of the Director and such units within the division.
Key Performance Areas: Secretarial: Performs specific tasks associated with the provision of a
secretarial service to the Director. Performs a receptionist/telephonic function at the Office of the
Leading Competencies: Ability to function under stress; time management; High level of
confidentiality and organisational skills; Strong financial processing and accuracy skills.
Core Competencies: Collaborative/Teamwork; Value and Integrity; Attention to detail and quality
focused; Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, Professionalism; Impact and influence
This is an employment equity targeted position and preference will be given to African Males,
Indian Males, White Males and Indian Females, White Females, including people with
1. Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
2. If hand delivering applications, please liaise with relevant contact person for the physical address (as
per attached circular). A separate application form for each position must be submitted and it must be
clearly indicated on the application form for which post(s) applicants are applying, (eg. post no. 2).
3. An application letter together with a comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contact details
mentioned in the circular attached.
4. The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
5. Applications, which have not been responded to within 6 weeks of closing date, should be regarded as
6. Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
7. The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
8. Finalization of the appointments to be within 4 months from the closing date of circular.
PUBLISHED DATE: WEDNESDAY, 20 JANUARY 2021
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 02 FEBRUARY 2021
Workplace: Metro Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein