General Manager : Operations
General Manager : Operations (RAN210307-1) – Rand Water
General Manager : Operations
Bulk Water Services – Operations
Job Type Classification
Location – Country
Location – Province
Location – Town / City
Location – Site
Job Advert Summary
Rand Water is searching out a General Manager : Operations to oversee the potable water production and distribution systems with the intention to hold water supply and role Rand Water as a dependable supplier of preference within the water zone.
• Minimum schooling: A Master’s Degree in Engineering Chemical/Civil Engineering or Water
• Desired schooling: A Postgraduate Qualification (NQF Level9) inclusive of MBA or equivalent qualification will serve as a bonus.
• Minimum experience: 10 years’ relevant paintings revel in and as a minimum five years’ experience at
senior management level.
• Desired enjoy: At least 5-8 years’ experience at senior control level, overseeing a water treatment plant, pumping or
booster station, etc.
• Position the Rand Water emblem(s) as a dependable dealer of desire inside the water area, each internally and externally.
• Develop and enforce an Integrated Potable Water Production and Distribution (Operations) Strategy, in addition to tracking implementation of agreed commercial enterprise plans.
• Ensure efficient and cost-efficient operation of the water abstraction, purification and remedy, in addition to most advantageous functioning of primary and booster pumping methods and asset web site control (Zuikerbosch, Vereeniging, Zwartkopjes, Bulk Water Distribution and other sub-web sites).
• Ensuring that water nice requirements are maintained inside applicable operational requirements, SABS standards and cost parameters.
• Ensuring continuity of deliver in terms of extent requirements and treatment standards (Blue
Drop, and so forth).
• Ensuring control of unaccounted water and manner losses in keeping with defined parameters.
• Creating and promoting a customer support orientation within the Potable Water Production environment and facilitate Service Level Agreements with Sales and Customer Services Department when it comes to water supply, water first-class and value.
• Identify Operational Technology wishes and system approaches to facilitate decision making on water excellent issues, continuity of deliver, asset control efficiencies, infrastructure necessities, customer support needs and price factors.
• Assume normal duty of the Potable Water Production and Distribution (Operations) Budget, planned and unplanned
preservation price range (replacements and refurbishments), capital works and equipment, in addition to tracking of expenditure and
• Ensure governance compliance in Operations.
• Minimum Knowledge: sound monetary control, water treatment value chain and governance tactics.
• Desired Knowledge: Proven music record of senior control competencies in a water manufacturing surroundings.
• Strong management competencies
• Ability to navigate water deliver associated demanding situations and complexities into commercial enterprise solutions
• Building strategic partnerships and collaborations to obtain business consequences, etc.
• Strong customer support orientation
• A man or woman of impeccable integrity and diligence
• Strong movement orientation
• Tenacity, perseverance and pressure
• Success encouraged
• Interpersonal sensitivity and international relations
• Use of socialised strength
• Team player
• Enthusiastic and obsessed with work
• Proactive with the capability to keep an eye fixed out for every possibility
• High strength degrees