The South African aviation industry is one of the largest employers in the country, offering a wide range of job opportunities to individuals with different skill sets. One of the most sought-after roles in the industry is that of a flight attendant. Flight attendants play a vital role in ensuring that passengers have a comfortable and safe journey. They are responsible for providing excellent customer service, ensuring that safety procedures are followed, and responding to emergencies when they arise.
If you are interested in becoming a flight attendant in South Africa, you may want to consider applying for a flight attendant learnership. A learnership is a structured training programme that combines theoretical learning with practical on-the-job training. It is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to perform a particular job or role. A learnership is a great way to gain valuable work experience and increase your chances of securing a permanent position in the aviation industry.
Paramedic Learnership Opportunity
SAPS Hiring General Worker.
One of the leading aviation companies in South Africa, South African Airways (SAA), offers a flight attendant learnership programme that is aimed at young South Africans who are passionate about the aviation industry. The programme is designed to provide learners with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience needed to become successful flight attendants.
Requirements for the SAA Flight Attendant Learnership
To be considered for the SAA Flight Attendant Learnership, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a South African citizen.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 27.
- You must have a Matric certificate with a pass in English.
- You must be able to swim.
- You must be physically fit and able to pass a medical examination.
- You must have a valid passport.
How to Apply for the SAA Flight Attendant Learnership
To apply for the SAA Flight Attendant Learnership, you will need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the SAA website and click on the “Careers” tab.
Step 2: Select “Learnerships” from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Look for the “Flight Attendant Learnership” and click on the “Apply Now” button.
Step 4: Create an account on the SAA career portal and fill in your personal details, educational background, and work experience.
Step 5: Upload a copy of your Matric certificate, passport, and any other relevant documents.
Step 6: Submit your application and wait for a response from the SAA recruitment team.
The recruitment process for the SAA Flight Attendant Learnership typically involves the following stages:
- Online application: Candidates must complete an online application form and submit it along with their supporting documents.
- Psychometric assessment: Candidates must complete a series of online tests that assess their cognitive abilities, personality traits, and work-related skills.
- Interview: Candidates who pass the psychometric assessment will be invited to an interview with the SAA recruitment team. The interview will assess their communication skills, customer service skills, and overall suitability for the role.
- Medical assessment: Candidates who are successful in the interview stage will be required to undergo a medical examination to assess their fitness to work as a flight attendant.
- Final selection: Candidates who pass all the above stages will be offered a place on the Flight Attendant Learnership programme.
Benefits of the SAA Flight Attendant Learnership
There are several benefits to participating in the SAA Flight Attendant Learnership, including:
- Structured training: The learnership provides a structured training programme that combines theoretical learning with practical on-the-job training.
- Valuable work experience: Learners will gain valuable work experience by working alongside experienced flight attendants and learning from industry experts.
- Employment opportunities: Successful learners will be offered permanent employment as flight attendants with S